26 November 2010

THT: Thanksgiving

I feel like I should take some time to talk about some things I am thankful for. I hate to think that my blog is simply a source of negativity. I really do have a lot to be grateful for and I am not just some bitter, critical person that feeds off of debate and arguments. Here are some things I love about my life:


My Family

My family is far from perfect. We argue. We make mistakes. But they have shown me what unconditional love is. No matter what things I do that disappoint them, they continue to love me. They have always supported my goals and ambitions. My family relationships are one of the only sure things in this world. Friends come and go. Life changes. But I will always have family- nothing changes that.


Capacity for Learning

I am so grateful for the opportunities I have had to expand my mind and gain both spiritual and secular understanding. I have been blessed with a good education. I have been placed in situations where my mind has been challenged and I've had to come up with solutions based on the bits of knowledge and experience I've gained.

Being Gay

I never thought the day would come where I would say I was grateful for this. I would have laughed in the face of the person that would have suggested it to me. But I am. Not only has being gay has taught me so much about how to treat other people, but going through the painful process of coming to terms with it has taught me about love, God, the atonement, and life in general.


Friends

I have amazing friends. I wish you could all meet them and have the chance to know them. They are such a great source of love and support. They are examples to me of what I should strive to be like. They teach me things all the time.

Art

I have such an appreciation for the artistic talents of others. I love the ability it gives human beings to express feelings and ideas in such a personalized way and that it can convey meaning to the soul independent of language and codes.

I'm sure I could go on forever about the things I am thankful for. Let is suffice that I know and realize that there is a lot of good in my life. I have a lot to live for. I am so glad I am past that place in my life where I believed that there was no reason to live. If anyone ever feels that way, let me be a witness of how things do get better. You or your loved one may be going through a really dark time. But there is light at the end of that tunnel and it is worth fighting to see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment